Iranian Persian and Tajik/Verbs
Jump to navigation Jump to search
All Persian verbs have a simple part inside that has tense and conjugates.
- To be
- Past tense: "budan"
- Present tense: "baashidan"/"hastan"/"astan" 
- Conjucation of "to be" verbs is the same as the other verbs.
- Important notes about verbs:
- All verbs have two radicals (one for past and one for present)
- The singular 3rd person for past tense with a trailing /ن/ is the lemma that can be looked up in dictionary
- Impretive form of a verb is : /ب/ + present radical
- Present form is hardly ever used without /ب/ or /می/
- Adding ان to radical of some of the verbs makes them transitive or (double transitive)
- none of those forms are used in that form and "budan" is used as the noun inspite of them but hastan & astan makes verbs for present tense and "bashidan" rarely does however it is recommended to avoid it.
- check if double transitive is a correct expression. I mean changing transitive verb like eat to feed.