Ideas for Google Summer of Code/Flag diacritics in lttoolbox
Flag diacritics are a method used in the HFST tools to allow the writer of a transducer to exclude impossible analyses at run-time, where removing them from the transducer would explode its size. This would allow us to nicely handle languages with prefix inflection, or with circumfix inflection
- Add support for flag diacritics to the
- Add support for flag diacritics to lttoolbox (
- Write a dictionary which demonstrates the use of flag diacritics (e.g. for Armenian, Kurdish, Persian, Tajik, or some other language)
- Write a dictionary in the lexc formalism which uses flag diacritics to treat a particular linguistic feature (e.g. verb prefixes in Indo-Iranian languages).
Frequently asked questions
- none yet, ask us something! :)
- Karttunen and Beesley (2002) "Finite State Morphology" (CLSI) ch. 8 "Flag diacritics"