Ideas for Google Summer of Code/Closer integration with HFST
This is a set of subtasks to make it easier for Apertium developers to use the Helsinki Finite-State Toolkit (HFST). HFST is a great toolkit for working with morphological transducers, but it is pretty difficult to install, and also not very well integrated with Apertium / doesn't really follow the Apertium way of doing things. We'd like to make it more closely integrated.
- Create a new XML-based format for lexc inspired by lttoolbox (see Development ideas for dictionary format)
- Add a compiler for this format, with support for direction restrictions.
- Fix this bug in
- Modify the HFST build process to make a "minimal" Apertium-centred install.
- Add lttoolbox as a backend to HFST.
hfst-expandobey flag diacritics.
Frequently asked questions
- none yet, ask us something! :)