Ideas for Google Summer of Code/Accent and diacritic restoration
Many languages use diacritics and accents in normal writing, and Apertium is designed to use these, however in some places, especially for example. instant messaging, irc, searching in the web etc. these are often not used or untyped. This causes problems as for the engine, traduccion is not the same as traducción. Create an optional module to restore diacritics and accents on input text, and integrate it into the Apertium pipeline.
- Finish the port of Kevin Scannell's charlifter to C++, it should respect superblanks
- Allow rule-based replacements of character sequences.
- Train models for all languages in Apertium.
- Inform charlifter with target-language information from a target-language model.
- Install Apertium
- Check out and compile charlifter from GSOC2011
- Adjust the code such that it respects superblanks.
Frequently asked questions
- none yet, ask us something! :)