Uighur and Turkish/Paper
Info related to paper on uig-tur RBMT.
- Fill out latex template
- Evaluate system on corpora
Images and Diagrams
SEARCH ON CNKI + GOOGLE TRANSLATE
- Chinese-Uyghur machine translation system for phrase-based statistical translation BiBTeX
- Phrase-based Chinese-Uyghur/Uyghur-Chinese Statistical Machine Translation BibTeX
- Chinese-uyghur statistical machine translation: The initial explorations - having trouble finding this but it would be good to read BiBTeX
- DESIGNING RELATED TRANSFORMATION AND MATCHING RULES FOR CHINESE-UYGHUR MACHINE TRANSLATION BiBTeX
- Memory-augmented Chinese-Uyghur Neural Machine Translation - This looks interesting, 200K sentences of bilingual data collected, we should contact the authors to see if we can access it BiBTeX
- XMU Neural Machine Translation Online Service - Also has uyghur, web interface here, but unclear wrt details of data/evals BiBTeX
- An experiment on Japanese-Uighur machine translation with MOSES
- A Rule Based Approach for Japanese-Uighur Machine Translation System
- Utilizing Agglutinative Features in Japanese-Uighur Machine Translation
- An Experiment on Japanese-Uighur Machine Translation and Its Evaluation
- Translation of Case Suffixes on Japanese-Uighur Machine Translation Inaccessible?
Japanese: Muhtar Muhsut seems to have worked a lot on japanese-uighur translation in japanese universities.
- A PARAMETERIZED APPROACH TO PROCESSING AUXILIARY VERBS IN JAPANESE- UIGHUR MACHINE TRANSLATION BibTeX
- Paraphrasing Japanese Words to Expand a Japanese - Uighur Bilingual Dictionary
- Conversion process of case particles for Japanese-Uighur machine translation - There is an english version of this above
- Uygurcadan Türkçeye bilgisayarlı çeviri. BibTex - We should probably find and cite this, and also look into the other stuff Orhun/Tantuğ/Adalı have been up to.
- Akraba Ve Bitişken Diller Arasında Bilgisayarlı Çeviri İçin Karma Bir Model BibTeX This also has Turkmen-Turkish as a prototype, lacks lexsel. The prose seems to sacrifice intelligibility for the sake of using words with Turkic roots.
Also has a corpus of around a million words that we might be able to get our hands on.Seems to be a turkish corpus
- Rule Based Analysis of the Uyghur Nouns BibTex
- YÖK Thesis #290286: Description of tatar morphology and a Tatar-Turkish machine translation system / Tatarcanın morfolojisinin tanımlanması ve Tatarca-Türkçe makine çeviri sistemi - ERCAN GÖKGÖZ
- YÖK Thesis #343000: Text conversion system between Turkic dialects / Türk lehçeleri arasında çeviri sistemi - EMEL ALKIM
- A free/open-source Kazakh-Tatar machine translation system
- Machine translation between turkic languages
- ADD ALTINTAS CRH STUFF
- Hamzaoğlu azeri
- A mt system from turkmen to turkish employing finite state and statistical methods BibTeX
- Uyghur-Chinese Translation Disambiguation Method Research Based on Knowledge Automatic-Acquisition
- Uyghur Language Model with Graphic Structure
- Construction of Uyghur named entity corpus
- Conceptual Design of Uyghur FrameNet
Since there seem to have been a number of prototypes, mostly for Chinese-Uyghur, it might make sense to compare these values with any evaluation those systems may have, and also the Turkic Apertium pairs crh-tur, kaz-tur, kaz-tat and gag-tur.
- Adalı &co seem to have worked a good bit on Uyghur analysis and disambiguation, so that would also be a good thing to compare.
Various Potential Corpora
- ELRA Uyghur Text corpus - they're not too eager to provide this
- The development of tagged Uyghur corpus
- Chinese-Uyghur Parallel Corpus Construction and its Application