Ideas for Google Summer of Code/Integration and debugging tools for Grammatical Framework
The objective of this task is to create a suite of tools for Grammatical Framework (GF) to facilitate interoperability with Apertium and other tools. Grammatical Framework has a ton of resources, but people familiar with Apertium may find the way of using them a bit alien. The idea of this task is to make some tools for GF to make it more easily pick-uppable for Apertium developers and users.
- Morphological analyser
- Input: Text stream, PGF grammar file
- Output: Tokenised and morphologically analysed text
- Input: Morphologically analysed text, PGF grammar file
- Output: The analysed text without the analyses not found in the parse trees below a certain probability threshold (n-best). e.g. 1-best would have only the morphological analyses which are found in the 1-best parse tree.
- Lexicon expander
- Output: Full form list with surface forms and lexical forms
- Lexical selection
- Input: ?
- Output: ?
- Install Grammatical Framework
- Install Apertium
- Write a program using Haskell or C to retrieve the morphological analysis of a word from the PGF library and print it out in Apertium format. (Build the library from source; the one on hackage has a few incompatible files).