Jump to navigation Jump to search
Bonding Period week 1: 4/25-5/1
- Got the development environment ready. apertium, lttoolbox and other tools and tests all working properly.
- Filled the Pending Tests page with some translations (based on the ones in the mt-en page).
- Started working on a script to generate a Maltese monodix from external sources. Nothing to show yet.
- Notified 2 TAU professors (both specializing in CL) about my project, both agreed to offer help if necessary.
- Wrote to a contact related to the MaltiLex project, looking for better contact (perhaps through my university's faculty).
Bonding Period week 2: 5/2 - 5/9
- Loaned and started reading the Teach Yourself Maltese grammar book.
- Wrote the framework for a script that generates fullform Maltese verb lists. 
- We worked on splitting verbs into categorizes and optional subclasses, writing rules (based on stem affixes, roots and vowels) in a python script for each class.
- Found out about the way [Wiktionary] stores conjugation data about the verbs it has; very useful for creating new rule groups. . I'll continue converting these tables this week.
- fran contacted Prof. Adam Ussishkin and he provided us with Maltese verb lists that we need to look over.
- Will add the verbs already added to the Hebrew and bidi dix files.