Task ideas for Google Code-in
This is the task ideas page for Google Code-in, here you can find ideas on interesting tasks that will improve your knowledge of Apertium and help you get into the world of open-source development.
The people column lists people who you should get in contact with to request further information. All tasks are 2 hours maximum estimated amount of time that would be spent on the task by an experienced developer, however:
- this is the time expected to take by an experienced developer, you may find that you spend more time on the task because of the learning curve.
- code: Tasks related to writing or refactoring code
- documentation: Tasks related to creating/editing documents and helping others learn more
- research: Tasks related to community management, outreach/marketting, or studying problems and recommending solutions
- quality: Tasks related to testing and ensuring code is of high quality.
- design: Tasks related to user experience research or user interface design and interaction
Clarification of "multiple task" types
- multi = number of students who can do a given task
- dup = number of times a student can do the same task
You can find descriptions of some of the mentors here.
See Talk:Task ideas for Google Code-in for task ideas from previous years.
|ftyers||eng, spa, cat, fra, nor, rus, por, swe, tur, gag, aze|
|JNW||eng, spa, fra, rus, tur, gag, aze, kaz, kir, tat, bak, kum, nog, kaa, uzb, uig, crh, khk, yid|
|anakuz||grn, spa, por, rus|
|fotonzade||eng, tur, aze, uig, tat, crh, kmr, ckb, fas|
|xavivars||cat, spa, eng, fra|
|unhammer||nno, nob, swe, dan, fao, sme, ovd|
|shardulc||eng, fra, mar, hin, urd, kan|
|m-alpha||eng, fra, byv|