Specific resources per language
The incubator can be found here. It provides a place for people to put dictionaries and other stuff that is useful in constructing language pairs. On this page you can put resources which will be useful in the construction. Try and mark them for licence, or at least free/non-free.
- Dictionary: apertium-mk-sq.sq.dix
- http://www.idividi.com.mk/recnik/index.htm -- albanian--macedonian dictionary (non-free)
- Dictionary: apertium-hy-en.hy.dix
- Dictionary: apertium-br-fr.br.dix
- http://books.google.com/books?id=YYkCAAAAQAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=breton&num=100&as_brr=1#PPR5,M1 (public domain Breton-French dictionary and Grammar)
- http://www.preder.net/klask.php (non-free)
- Dictionary: apertium-cy-kw.kw.dix
- Dictionary: apertium-mk-bg.bg.dix
- Dictionary: apertium-pl-cs.cs.dix.xml
- Most frequent words Also includes a list of the most frequent bi- and tri-grams, but these are of little use as multiwords
- James Naughton's links
- Some complications with diacritics
- Czech morphological guesser - 'free', but not open source
German - English
German-English bilingual dictionary (>216,000 entries), generated from linguistic data (GPL Version 2 or later) available for "Ding: A Dictionary LookUp program" (version 1.5 2007-04-09) from Frank Richter, Technische Universität Chemnitz
- Dictionary: apertium-de-en.de-en.dix
- Dictionary: apertium-en-el.el.dix
- Greek <-> Ukranian, Russian, Polish Grammar & Dictionary: http://ellinika.gnu.org.ua/
- Dictionary: apertium-hi-ur.hi.dix
- Morphological analyser: http://www.iiit.net/ltrc/morph/index.htm (GPL)
- POS tagged English-Hindi wordlist: http://indlinux.sourceforge.net/downloads/files/hindidict.txt.bz2
- Dictionary: apertium-tg-fa.fa.dix
Even if Apertium has a stable es-pt pair, the coverage of the Brazilian Portuguese Dictionary built at NILC (Universidade de Sao Paulo) for Unitex is much better, and could be used perhaps to improve it.
We believe it has a LGPL license.
- Russian analyser - non-free, Windows only
- Using Czech resources for the morphological analysis of Russian
- Pere - free translator, including Russian<->Ukranian<->English dictionaries. Built from alignments, low quality.
- Dictionary: apertium-pl-sk.sk.dix
- http://old.bohemica.com/slovak/slovakgrammar.pdf (Slovakian, with some English)
- http://pl.wiktionary.org/wiki/Aneks:J%C4%99zyk_s%C5%82owacki_-_tabele_koniugacji (In Polish)
Swedish - Danish
- Pair: apertium-sv-da
- http://w3.msi.vxu.se/~nivre/research/Talbanken05.html (A 300,000-word tree-bank: it is in XML, all words are nicely tagged with PAROLE-style tags, and it should be easy to build a morphological analyser and a PoS tagger from it; authors are likely be happy to let us use it if we cite them).
- http://www.isv.cbs.dk/~mbk/treebank/ (Danish tree bank, 100,000-word, as above, under the GPL)
- http://www.ling.su.se/staff/sofia/suc/suc.html (Stockholm Umeå Corpus: 1,000,000 Swedish words, tagged; a license has to be granted by authors - it was used for apertium-sv-da)
See: Norsk ordbank
- Dictionary: apertium-hi-ur.ur.dix
- http://www.lama.univ-savoie.fr/~humayoun/UrduMorph/ — GPL analyser of Urdu
- http://www.crulp.org/software/langproc/E2UMachineTranslationSystem.htm -- Urdu--English MT system
- Dictionary: apertium-en-lt.lt.dix
- http://kaino.kotus.fi/sanat/nykysuomi/ — full form list for Finnish -- LGPL
- Omorfi–Open Morphology for Finnish language
- Helsinki Finite-State Transducer Technology (HFST)
s = lemma hn = homonymy ref t = inflection info tn = inflection number (referring to table) av = ref to consonant gradation
- http://www.mila.cs.technion.ac.il/english/resources/lexicons/ lexicons for Hebrew, in weird XLS format -- GPL
- Dictionary: apertium-it-pms.pms.dix
- http://members.fortunecity.it/dotorcarlo/vocen1.html Piemontese--English -- public domain
- http://digilander.libero.it/dotor43/indexit.html -- Piemontese grammar incl. 17k word Piemontese--Italian dictionary (POS tagged and partly annotated for inflection). site suggests "© These pages can be freely used for all purposes, but not for political reasons, and not against the laws (no matter what is the country)."
- http://bengalinux.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/anubadok/index.pl -- Free software translation for English→Bengali
- http://anubadok.sf.net/ -- See above
- Dictionary: apertium-os-fa.os.dix
- Ossetian: Grammatical Sketch — quite nice and comprehensive.
- Asturian Dictionary from Asturian Language Academy — Good resource but only in Asturian.
- Dialectal Asturian Dictionary — Asturian variants into spanish.