Some ideas for expanding and promoting Apertium, like a scratchpad or something.
Ideal pairs for development
These pairs are ideal for development due to the closeness of the languages in question, or historical connection. Some are closer than others, but all are pretty close.
- Slovenian <-> Serbo-Croatian <-> Macedonian <-> Bulgarian (South-Slavic dialect continuum)
- Hindi <-> Urdu
- Persian <-> Tajik
- Danish <-> Swedish <-> Norwegian Bokmål <-> Norwegian Nynorsk <-> Icelandic <-> Faroese (North-Germanic dialect continuum)
- Czech <-> Slovak
- Indonesian <-> Malaysian
- Afrikaans <-> Dutch
- Northern Sotho <-> Sotho
- Irish <-> Scots Gaelic — Kevin Scannell already has a system, but it could be Apertiumised.
- Turkish <-> Azerbaijani <-> Turkmen <-> Tatar (Southwestern-Turkic, Oghuz dialect continuum)
- Uyghur <-> Uzbek
- Russian <-> Ukrainian <-> Belarusian (East-Slavic dialect continuum)
- Finnish <-> Estonian (Balto-Finnic, with agglutinative morphology)
- Romanian <-> Aromanian
- Italian <-> Neapolitan
- Dungan <-> Mandarin (not that many people speak Dungan)
Large pairs for which we should have something
- Italian <-> French
- Dutch <-> German