Some ideas for expanding and promoting Apertium, like a scratchpad or something.
Ideal pairs for development
These pairs are ideal for development due to the closeness of the languages in question, or historical connection. Some are closer than others, but all are pretty close.
- Serbo-Croatian <-> Macedonian <-> Bulgarian
- Hindi <-> Urdu
- Persian <-> Tajik
- Danish <-> Swedish <-> Norwegian Bokmål <-> Norwegian Nynorsk <-> Icelandic <-> Faroese
- Czech <-> Slovak
- Indonesian <-> Malaysian
- Afrikaans <-> Dutch
- Northern Sotho <-> Sotho
- Irish <-> Scots Gaelic — Kevin Scannell already has a system, but it could be Apertiumised.
- Turkish <-> Azerbaijani <-> Turkmen <-> Tatar
- Russian <-> Ukrainian <-> Belarusian
- Romanian <-> Aromanian
- Italian <-> Neapolitan
Large pairs for which we should have something
- Italian <-> French