Nepali (Wikipedia:nepali) is an Indo-Aryan (Wikipedia:Indo-Aryan) language spoken in Nepal, a country sandwiched between the two large asian countries, China and India in the north and south respectively. Influenced by both Chinese(tibetan) and Indian culture especially in the north and south respectively, it has over 120 languages spoken by minorities and ethnic groups. Having had a long history from the vedic(Wikipedia:Vedic) periods and its formation of the country, language was no exception.Similar to other asian languages, the grammer is different from english, or Western Countries in general. The placement of verbs, subject and object is different from English. Thus, Nepali can be more grammatically compared to Hindi,Bengali,etc. in south and Japanese,Korean,etc. in north. Adopted from the sanksrit, its style of using radicals and combining words has been really the sanksrit.(Wikipedia:Sanskrit)
- Britannica History/status/demography/status
- Subedi, Abhi, 1945-Hutt, Michael (Michael J.) 1999 "Nepali"" ISBN 9780864423450
- Shrestha, Bimal.O'Rourke, Mary-Jo (1996) "Nepali Phrasebook" ISBN 9780844215969
- Nordhoff, Sebastian; Hammarström, Harald; Forkel, Robert; Haspelmath, Martin, eds. (2013). "Nepali". Glottolog. Leipzig: Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology.
- "Languages of India: Urdu, Punjabi Language, Tamil Language, Kannada, Standard Hindi, Telugu Language, Malayalam, Nepali Language" ISBN 1157606687 (ISBN13: 9781157606680)
- Turner, Ralph Lilley 1931
- Translator [Powered by Google]
- English-Nepali Converter Changathi
- Raj, Prakash A. (1992) "Nepali-English, English-Nepali dictionary" ISBN 9780870521065
- Karl-Heinz Krämer South Asia Institute, University of Heidelberg (2007) "Nepali English Dictionary"
- Awadhi, Wikipedia
- Bhojpuri, Wikipedia
- Hindi, Wikipedia
- Kashmiri, Wikipedia
- Kurukh, Wikipedia
- Magahi, and more…
Other Demographically important Writing System
Language simile and translations
- English and Nepali
- Bengali and nepali
- Nepali and hindi
- Nepali and Thai
- Nepali and burmese
- Nepali and Sinhala [www.stars21.com/translator/sinhala/nepali/ Sinhala and nepali]
- Laxmi prasad devkota 
- (Adikabi) Bhanubhakta acharya 
- Lekhnath Paudyal
- Kalidas see "kalidasa"
- National Anthem - "Sayaun Thunga Phool Ka" [A. 2006]
- [B. 2006] Kingdom period - "Rastriya Gaan"
- Laxmi Prasad Devkota, Muna Madan (2000) (Wikipedia:Muna_madan)
- Jhamak Ghimire "Jiwan Kada Ki Phool" Wikipedia
- Parijat (Wikipedia:Parijat)
- Himalayan Voices: An Introduction to Modern Nepali Literature (Voices from Asia), edited and translated by Michael J. Hutt, University of California Press, 1991. p. 5. ISBN 9780520910263
- "The Gentle Literary Giant" (PDF). Government of Sikkim. 2015. Retrieved December 3, 2015.
- Gorkhas Imagined: I.B. Rai in Translation, Eds. Prem Poddar and Anmole Prasad, Mukti Prakashan, 2009