A number of developers associated with Apertium are attending LREC 2012 (eighth international conference on Language Resources and Evaluation), the week of May 20th in Istanbul. Many of us are presenting papers.
Others planning on attending: Gianluca
|"A morphological transducer for Kyrgyz"||JNW, Mirlan, Fran||JNW, Fran, ??||poster|
|"A prototype machine translation system for Tatar and Bashkir based on Free/Open-Source components"||Fran, JNW, Ilnar, Rustam||Fran, JNW||Room 6||2012-05-21 (Monday) 14:50-15:10||talk|
|"Compiling Apertium morphological dictionaries with HFST and using them in HFST applications"||Flammie, Fran||Fran, Flammie||2012-05-22 (Tuesday) 14:00–16:00||talk|
|"Free/open-source shallow-transfer based machine translation for Spanish and Aragonese"||Juan Pablo, Jimregan, Fran||Fran||poster|
Apertium developers working on Turkic languages have planned to hold at least one meeting during LREC to discuss the following issues, among others:
- How to deal with semi-recursive structures, such as morphemes that attatch to subst and derive subst,, e.g.
- How to deal with morphemes which change case of first letter when suffix is added,
- How to deal with phonological processes like vowel harmony on numerals and abbreviations,
- How to deal with derivations which are too productive to ignore -LIK/-LI
- If we're not tired after all that: non-finite verb forms
Arrival and departure
|Fran||20. mayo, 19:15||25. mayo, 13:00||?|
|Flammie||20. mayo, 16:45||27. mayo, 14:00||?|
|mypikku||20. mayo, 16:20||26. mayo, 6:50|