Ideas for Google Summer of Code/Apertium website improvements
< Ideas for Google Summer of CodeJump to navigation Jump to search
The Apertium translation website is pretty cool, but we can make it even cooler. This project consists of various website improvement tasks.
- Add "dictionary lookup" mode for single-word translations.
- Should give synonyms and alternative translations.
- It should rank the translations by likelihood.
- Add a mode that colours the resulting translation depending on how reliable it is.
- One possibility would be for language pairs to have different colours depending on WER or something.
- Make language detection work properly and do "did you mean" style if people choose an unlikely source language.
Work in progress
- An "improve this translation" option https://github.com/goavki/apertium-html-tools/pull/35
- "website translation" option https://github.com/goavki/apertium-html-tools/pull/41
- Needs improvements to APY to be able to split long pages into several requests without breaking html
- Install the Apertium website with some language pairs on a server under your control, test that it works correctly.
- Add a button that says "Improve this translation", which shows some input box when clicked.