Ideas for Google Summer of Code/Apertium website improvements
< Ideas for Google Summer of CodeJump to navigation Jump to search
The Apertium translation website is pretty cool.
- Add "dictionary lookup" mode for single-word translations.
- Should give synonyms and alternative translations.
- It should rank the translations by likelihood.
- Add a mode that colours the resulting translation depending on how reliable it is.
- One possibility would be for language pairs to have different colours depending on WER or something.
- Make language detection work properly and do "did you mean" style if people choose an unlikely source language.
- An "improve this translation" option.
- "website translation" option.
- Install the Apertium website with some language pairs on a server under your control, test that it works correctly.