Ideas for Google Summer of Code
This is the ideas page for Google Summer of Code, here you can find ideas on interesting projects that would make Apertium more useful for people and improve or expand our functionality. If you have an idea please add it below, if you think you could mentor someone in a particular area, add your name to "Interested mentors" using ~~~
The page is intended as an overview of the kind of projects we have in mind. If one of them particularly piques your interest, please come and discuss with us on
irc.freenode.net, mail the mailing list, or draw attention to yourself in some other way.
Note that, if you have an idea that isn't mentioned here, we would be very interested to hear about it.
Here are some more things you could look at:
- Top tips for GSOC applications
- Get in contact with one of our long-serving mentors — they are nice, honest!
- Pages in the development category
- Resources that could be converted or expanded in the incubator. Consider doing or improving a language pair (see incubator, nursery and staging for pairs that need work)
- Unhammer's wishlist
- The open issues on Github (or on Sourceforge). The latter are probably out of date now since migrating to Github.
If you're a student trying to propose a topic, the recommended way is to request a wiki account and then go to
and click the "create" button near the top of the page. It's also nice to include
[[Category:GSoC_2020_student_proposals]] to help organize submitted proposals.