Google Code-in/Application 2018
- Why does your organisation want to participate in Google Code-in 2018?
Firstly the project really benefits, we get a lot out of it in terms of code, documentation, ideas and resources. Our web site runs on code produced during GCI, and students who work with us have even published academic papers in international conferences. Secondly, Apertium is a project that focuses a lot on marginalised languages. GCI gives us a chance to get in touch with the next generation of speakers, and to show them how they can help their languages develop and give them some esteem.
- How has your organisation prepared for Google Code-in 2018?
We've put together an organisation team of four experienced mentors and admins. We've recruited 17 mentors, many of whom have been mentors in past GCIs and some of whom are past GSOC students. We've tried to get a range of mentors in different time zones, so our time zone spreads from UTC-6 to UTC+5. We've produced an updated task page and continue to solicit more ideas. We've also started personally preparing ourselves for the excitement!
- Has your organisation participated in Google Code-in before?
- Has your organisation participated in Google Summer of Code before?
- How many mentors have committed to participate?
- How do you plan to deal with any holidays or vacations mentors may have planned during the contest period?
- How do you plan to deal with unresponsive mentors?
- We would like to see 25 example tasks.