Corpus based preposition selection - HOWTO
The general algorithm for performing corpus based preposition selection is as follows:
- Download a parallel corpus
- Extract patterns which contain prepositions from the source-language corpus
- Align the patterns to their translations in the target-language corpus
- Extract the features and label (the correct preposition from the target-language corpus) for classification.
- Train a model
- Use the trained model in the pipeline
The general toolkit for performing these tasks can be found here: apertium.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/apertium/branches/gsoc2012/fpetkovski/morph-parser/
Extracting training data for your classifier
For the purpose of extracting training data for your classifier, you can use the preposition-extraction tool.