Bosnian-Croatian-Montenegrin-Serbian and Macedonian
Progress of the work in the bonding period
Insofar, a new dictionary has been started from scratch, some paradigms added from the grammar of croatian, along with some closed word categories. For details see the Todo list.
- Testing framework
Set up pending/regression tests framework
- Set testvoc
- Set up corpus/generation-test
- Serbo-Croatian dictionary
The animacy when crossed with definiteness gives a lot of double entries. Since some of the cases (G, D/L,I singular, and D/L/I plural for instance) do not specifically mark a gender, I have removed the animacy in those cases and in accord marked them "mn", or "mfn".
*Idea: unify the D/L/I plural into one case, and D/L singular into one case, since they are always morphologically identical.
- The paradigms entered would be more concise
- Would complicate matters with future translation pairs with an other slavic languages, i.e. Slovene
If incorporating dialect words into the dictionary (i.e. kajkavian or čakavian), the separate markers for cases would have to be used
- In the macedonian monodix no adjective is marked positive, only comparative and superlative, therefore I'm taking the same approach.
- Add the paradigms from the grammar of Croatian (the one by Barić, Lončarić, Malić, Pavešić, Peti, Zečević, Znika) to the sh monodix [in progress]
prepositions (including the ones of type s/sa and k/ka, which need to be postprocessed in generation) conjunctions interjections
- nouns (masculine, feminine, neuter)
- adjectives (the definite and indefinite form paradigms)
Add the personal clitic and non-clitic pronouns, add the reflexive clitic and non-clitic pronouns, possesive, interrogative, relational, demonstrative (pronoun, and demonstrative adjective), indefinite, negative ... Add the clitic form of the verb to be, the long present form, other tenses auxilliary verbs
- Obtain a grammar of Serbian, for reference on differences
- Macedonian dictionary
- Add determiner forms for some pronouns (e.g demonstratives, possessives, etc.) -- things that can modify nouns
- Bilingual dictionary
- Update the pronoun entries, the symbols in the monodix have been adjusted to correspond more closely to the analysis in the macedonian monodix
- Transfer rules
- Wikipedia: Differences in standard Bosnian, Croatian and Serbian
- Hrvatski jezični portal — Croatian language portal, word definitions with inflection (find the definition and click on izvedeni oblici )