Difference between revisions of "Apertium separable/report2017"
(Created page with "==Project description== The purpose of this project is to allow Apertium language-pair developers to better translate "seperable" or "discontiguous" multiwords. We do this by ...")
Revision as of 03:27, 29 August 2017
The purpose of this project is to allow Apertium language-pair developers to better translate "seperable" or "discontiguous" multiwords. We do this by re-ordering word tokens before translation occurs. For example, "take something out" becomes "take out something" so that "take out" can be translated as a single unit.
To do this, a finite-state transducer was used. The transducer accepted certain patterns of words (paradigms), such as adj-noun or det-adj-noun, that could separate the multiword. If the pattern was accepted, then the transducer would output the re-ordered words for better translation quality.
- established dictionary format
- <j/>, <t/>, <w/> are supported within pair entries and loop as expected
- see https://svn.code.sf.net/p/apertium/svn/branches/apertium-separable/examples/apertium-eng-spa.eng-spa.lsx for an example dictionary
- implemented a compiler for the separable-words dictionary and a processor to process tagged input
- all spacing, punctuation, and superblanks were preserved
- support for the "plus thing":
echo "^абай<adj>$ ^бол<v><iv><neg><aor><p2><sg>+ма<qst>$^.<sent>$" | lsx-proc kaz-kir.autoseq.bin ^абай бол<v><iv><neg><aor><p2><sg>+ма<qst>$^.<sent>$
- (for language developers: have the language-data writer write it explicitly in the .lsx file)
- For a full list of commits, see https://apertium.projectjj.com/gsoc2017/irene-tang.html
- For further documentation usage instructions, see Lsx_module
- 10:53 firespeaker: pektii: if we offload multiwords from the transducers to lsx, (1) how do we do N N compounds with lsx? (2) how does translation *to* a multiword work?
- recycling dictionaries and/or paradigms? lsx-dictionaries are packaged in language pairs. the eng-spa lsx-dictionary can mostly be reaped by eng-cat. could we make use of the similarity?
- Support for language pairs: we haven't gotten much extensive beta testing. The following are language pairs that have packaged the lsx-module:
- eng-deu (?)