Compiling and Installing
This document covers compilation and installation of apertium-service on Unix and Unix-like systems only.
apertium-service, like many other Open Source projects, uses GNU buildtools (like autoconf and automake) to create a build environment.
You need the following software installed:
- libxmlrpc-c3 - a lightweight RPC library based on XML and HTTP for C and C++.
- libtextcat0 - a library implementing the classification technique described in Cavnar & Trenkle, "N-Gram-Based Text Categorization". (optional)
- libboost - Boost C++ libraries are a collection of peer-reviewed, Open Source libraries that extend the functionality of C++.
In particular, the following components from Boost C++ libraries are required:
- libboost-thread - for portable C++ multi-threading.
- libboost-filesystem - for portable filesystem operations in C++.
- libboost-date-time - for portable date/time operations in C++.
- libboost-regex - regular expression library for C++.
- libboost-program-options - program options library for C++.
apertium-service can be downloaded from the Apertium SVN repository with the following command:
$ svn co http://apertium.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/apertium/trunk/apertium-service