See also Crossdics
$ svn co https://apertium.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/apertium/trunk/apertium-dixtools
$ sudo apt-get install ant sun-java6-jdk
$ cd apertium-dixtools $ ant jar
- If you update from SVN its always a good idea to do 'ant clean' first.
- 'ant jar' also attempts to do some testing of itself. This might fail, if someone made changes without ensuring that the tests runs. Just continue with installation and report the test failures to the list.
$ sudo ant install
Notes for developers
Wishlist and notes for Apertium-dixtools
- theres awful lot of code, much more than needed. another way of handling XML where you dont have to write classes (and formatting code!!) for each tag.
There should be many more options, and ALL sub-commands should take a -fmt parameter where all could be specified:
- 1line or multiline entries
- also 1line on pardefs
- multiwords -- one line or many lines
- multiwords -- should they be separated
(because sometimes with complex multiwords you want to have them laid out differently and apart e.g. you have a section for verbs and it has first "simple" verbs, then it has the multiword verbs)
- multiwords -- the simple verbs are one per line
- multiwords -- and the multiword verbs are over several lines