Northern Sámi and Norwegian/anaphora
There is some simple anaphora resolution in apertium-sme-nob. Most of this happens in t2x (the first interchunk stage).
- A subject (or habitive) will set the variable "ana_gen" to its gender.
- Additionally, if it is masc or fem, it sets the variable "ana_m_f" to its gender.
- Any other adj, noun or verb chunk tagged GD (or having no gender tag) will use the previously set "ana_gen" gender.
- If it is tagged "GD_pers", "ana_m_f" is used -- this is useful for words which are definitely animate, like son.
Nickel gives this example:
Anne muitalii, ahte son lea leamaš Norggas.
- here son == Anne, thus feminine
Anne jearai, ahte mii dan namma lei?
- here dan != Anne
We _could_ keep a second-to-last subject, but this might quickly get too complex. TODO: get more examples.