- 26 November 2012: Google Code In has started with the participation of Apertium. The contest ends 14 January 2013.
- 26 March 2010: Jacob will hold a talk in Danish 'Open Source regelbaseret maskinoversættelse med Apertium' in the Department of Computer Science at the University of Copenhagen DIKU. Time: 14:15 at DIKU, room A+B on the mezzanine (ved hovedindgangen som kendetegnes ved Adam og Eva-statuerne).
- 25 March 2010: Gema will hold a talk at the Universitat Politècnica de València (Jornada Connecta'l al Valencià) at 12:30 called "The Apertium free/open-source MT platform: resources for Valencian".
- 12 May 2009 : Apertium-br-fr has been released.
- 1 August 2008 : Apertium-cy-en has been released.
- 17 July 2007: Apertium-es-it has been created. Italian appears for the first time in Apertium with 30 000 lemmatas.
- 09 July 2007:
apertium-es-ca are now GPL!
- 29 June 2007: The Apertium server at xixona.dlsi.ua.es is being reinstalled
- 08 June 2007:
apertium-unicode module is now in SVN!
- 19 May 2007: Apertium Wiki is opened.