Welsh to English
(Redirected from Apertium-cy-en)
Fix multiword verbs in bilingual dictionary -- and add ones non-existent in English dictionary to that dictionary
- Remove items which are in English dictionary but not Welsh/Bilingual
Fix verb conjugation in the Welsh analyser
Add restrictions in the bidix
- Fix numbers
More thorough handling of contractions (i'ch, a'u, ...) — including preblank
Add pre-verbal particles (basic functionality)
- Add adjective macro to all chunks
 apertium-cy-en 0.1
- 8,000 of the highest frequency words in each dictionary.
- Rules dealing with basic verb tenses (past, present, future)
- Basic word re-ordering for simple phrases.
- Aims and uses
- For a non-native speaker to be able to discern the topic of a general news item.
- To be able to identify who said what to who.
- To be able to distinguish is a particular item is interesting enough to be translated properly.
- Sentences of up to 5 words should be translated reasonably well from Welsh to English.
- Wikipedia (753,741 words): 85.5%
- PNAW (11,684,177 words): 94%
- BBC Newyddion (144,887 words): 91%
 apertium-cy-en 0.2
- 0.1 performance and coverage for English to Welsh.
 apertium-cy-en 0.5
- Properly capitalised sentences.
- Get the number for nouns from the appropriate place. e.g. sometimes from the det, sometimes from the noun.
 apertium-cy-en 1.0
- Handling of gender and number in adjectives