Uighur and Turkish/Paper
Info related to paper on uig-tur RBMT.
- Fill out latex template
- Evaluate system on corpora
Images and Diagrams
SEARCH ON CNKI + GOOGLE TRANSLATE
- Chinese-Uyghur machine translation system for phrase-based statistical translation BiBTeX
- Phrase-based Chinese-Uyghur/Uyghur-Chinese Statistical Machine Translation BibTeX
- Chinese-uyghur statistical machine translation: The initial explorations - having trouble finding this but it would be good to read BiBTeX
- DESIGNING RELATED TRANSFORMATION AND MATCHING RULES FOR CHINESE-UYGHUR MACHINE TRANSLATION BiBTeX
- Memory-augmented Chinese-Uyghur Neural Machine Translation - This looks interesting, 200K sentences of bilingual data collected, we should contact the authors to see if we can access it BiBTeX
- XMU Neural Machine Translation Online Service - Also has uyghur, web interface here, but unclear wrt details of data/evals BiBTeX
- An experiment on Japanese-Uighur machine translation with MOSES
- A Rule Based Approach for Japanese-Uighur Machine Translation System
- Utilizing Agglutinative Features in Japanese-Uighur Machine Translation
- An Experiment on Japanese-Uighur Machine Translation and Its Evaluation
- Translation of Case Suffixes on Japanese-Uighur Machine Translation Inaccessible?
Japanese: Muhtar Muhsut seems to have worked a lot on japanese-uighur translation in japanese universities.
- A PARAMETERIZED APPROACH TO PROCESSING AUXILIARY VERBS IN JAPANESE- UIGHUR MACHINE TRANSLATION BibTeX
- Paraphrasing Japanese Words to Expand a Japanese - Uighur Bilingual Dictionary
- Conversion process of case particles for Japanese-Uighur machine translation - There is an english version of this above
- Rule Based Analysis of the Uyghur Nouns BibTex
- YÖK Thesis #290286: Description of tatar morphology and a Tatar-Turkish machine translation system / Tatarcanın morfolojisinin tanımlanması ve Tatarca-Türkçe makine çeviri sistemi - ERCAN GÖKGÖZ
- YÖK Thesis #343000: Text conversion system between Turkic dialects / Türk lehçeleri arasında çeviri sistemi - EMEL ALKIM
- YÖK Thesis #318598: Two level Uyghur morphology and Uyghur Turkish machine translation / İki düzeyli Uygur morfolojisi ve Uygur Türkçe makine çevirisi - RÜMEYSA KESKİN
- YÖK Thesis #293849: Uygurcadan Türkçeye bilgisayarlı çeviri - Murat Orhun
- YÖK Thesis #223702: Akraba Ve Bitişken Diller Arasında Bilgisayarlı Çeviri İçin Karma Bir Model - A. Cüneyd Tantuğ
- Tantuğ Turkmen?
- A. Eşref, A. C. TANTUĞ, and M. ORHUN, “Türk dilleri arasında makineli çeviri sistemleri Türkmence ve Uygurcadan Türkçeye Çeviri Programı ,” presented at the Uluslar Arası Türk Lehçeleri Arasında Aktarma ve Uygulama Sempozyumu, Maltepe Üniversitesi, Istanbul, 2009. - YÖK akademik
- M. ORHUN, A. C. TANTUĞ, and A. Eşref, “Uygucada Biçimbilimsel Belirsizlik,” presented at the Akademik Bililşim 2010, Muğla Üniversitesi, Muğla, Türkiye , 2010. - YÖK akademik
- M. ORHUN, “Uygur Tümcesinin Bilgisayar ile Çözümlenmesi,” presented at the Akademik Bilişim, 2013, Akdeniz Üniversitesi, Antalya, Türkiye , 2013. - YÖK akademik
- Computational Comparison of the Uyghur and Turkish Grammar (Murat Orhun, Eşref Adalı, A. Cüneyd Tantuğ), In IEEE International Conference On Computer Science and Information Technology (ICCSIT 2009), 2009.
- Machine translation from Turkmen language to Turkish (A. Cüneyd Tantuğ, Eşref Adalı), In İTÜ Dergisi (D), volume 7, 2008.
- A MT System From Turkmen to Turkish Employing Finite State And Statistical Methods (A. Cüneyd Tantuğ, Eşref Adalı, Kemal Oflazer), In MT Summit XI, 2007. [bibtex]
- A Prototype Machine Translation System Between Turkmen and Turkish (A. Cüneyd Tantuğ, Eşref Adalı, Kemal Oflazer), In Fifteenth Turkish Symposium on Artificial Intelligence and Neural Networks, TAINN, 2006. [bibtex]
- A free/open-source Kazakh-Tatar machine translation system
- Machine translation between turkic languages
- ADD ALTINTAS CRH STUFF
- Hamzaoğlu azeri
- A mt system from turkmen to turkish employing finite state and statistical methods BibTeX
- Uyghur-Chinese Translation Disambiguation Method Research Based on Knowledge Automatic-Acquisition
- Uyghur Language Model with Graphic Structure
- Construction of Uyghur named entity corpus
- Conceptual Design of Uyghur FrameNet
Since there seem to have been a number of prototypes, mostly for Chinese-Uyghur, it might make sense to compare these values with any evaluation those systems may have, and also the Turkic Apertium pairs crh-tur, kaz-tur, kaz-tat and gag-tur.
- Adalı &co seem to have worked a good bit on Uyghur analysis and disambiguation, so that would also be a good thing to compare.
Various Potential Corpora
- ELRA Uyghur Text corpus - they're not too eager to provide this
- The development of tagged Uyghur corpus
- Chinese-Uyghur Parallel Corpus Construction and its Application