Ideas for Google Summer of Code/Adopt a language pair
This project will involve writing linguistic data, including morphological rules and transfer rules — which are specified in a declarative language. A good intro would be to look through Apertium New Language Pair HOWTO, see also Contributing to an existing pair. If the pair has OK dictionaries but a bad tagger (disambiguator), a GsoC project might involve writing a good Constraint Grammar for the pair.
The coding challenge for this task is to ...
- Install Apertium (see Minimal installation from SVN)
- Go through the HOWTO
- Go through the MT course here (или здесь)
- Write a translator that translates as much of this story as possible. Other translations can be found here.
- If there is no translation, translate it into the languages of your language pair first.
- Upload your work to Apertium SVN.
The URL to your coding challenge work should be included in your application.
Previous GSOC projects
And pairs which were adopted in past years: