These by-laws need to be amended for two purposes:
- The procedures, terms, etc. need to change to reflect the migration to GitHub.
- Some items are ambiguous or unclear and need to be better worded.
Specific things to do:
- Revamp the Developers, Committers, and PMC sections to reflect the GitHub structure
- rename: Outside Collaborators, Organization Members, Organization Owners
- what is a 'repository'?
- permissions and responsibilities (N.B. voting rights to Members)
- how someone becomes a Outside Collaborator or a Organization Member
- Add the concept of 'package maintainers':
- who they are (repository admins)
- how they are established, disestablished, and who does their job if they don't exist
- their permissions and responsibilities (N.B. releases)
- Add the concept of 'teams' and 'team maintainers':
- how they are established and disestablished
- their permissions and responsibilities
- (optional, maybe not right now) Make the election wording less ambiguous